Monday, December 21, 2015

Sephora Favorites JcPenny : Skin Care Set 2015!

Woah.. Let us all take a second to realize that 2015 is close to being over.  It felt like yesterday I wasn't worrying about Christmas Presents!  On another note let us all talk about the elephant in the post room, I neglected this blog for almost a year! It seems so wild to me that it has been that long, but I am back.. I promise not to abandon you all again, I hope we can start on a clean slate! (You get it clean.. because we are talking about SkinCare.. I tried to be puny)

Now onto the reason you are all probably here.. 

Within the last month I have made way too many trips to Sephora.. although I have no shame in doing so #SorryNotSorry My favorite Sephora to go to is the one in JcPenny! 
Reasons To go To JcPenny Sephora:
      1. Less people! The main Sephora is always packed & here there are less people
      2. Less people = more workers available to help you with all your Makeup Needs
      3. Less people also = more products in stock
      4. The workers are so nice! I have yet to meet a rude JcPenny Sephora associate
      5. The JcPenny Sephora Favorites exclusive sets, which includes the one we are going to talk about!
So this set is called "The Ultimate Travel Bag" and like stated above it is a JcPenny Exclusive set. The idea behind the bag is that each product is something you can take with you when you travel "TSA Approved." [I'm not traveling anywhere anytime soon and this is giving me some travel fever!]
It retails for the small amount of $29 & I know what some of you might be thinking.. "Girl, $29 isn't cheap.." but just wait and see!
The packaging on most Sephora Favorites from JcPenny always come in some sort of reusable makeup bag or in this case a cute plastic travel bag. 
Which I mean really Sephora a Lipstick Plane... I'm dying over how cute that is!
Now if only I traveled a lot..
Moving onto the goods within this [adorable] bag
I don't know about any of you, but there is just something so appealing about mini things.. I'm a sucker for any makeup product that comes in a mini! 
So upon first glance you might think Eh.. It looks ok.. What are those two small things.. Why are they so small.. And if any of you weren't thinking that.. well I was thinking it for you then.
So lets do a quick run through of what you get & then we will talk details
    1. Boscia : MakeUp BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil~ 1.7 fl oz
    2. First Aid Beauty : Ultra Repair Cream~ 1 oz
    3. GlamGlow : ThirstyCleanse Daily Hydrating Cleanser~ 1 fl oz
    4. Josie Maran Cosmetics : Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter in Vanilla Apricot~ 2 fl oz
    5. Kate Somerville SkinCare: ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment~ 0.25 fl oz
    6. Murad : Essential- C Day Moisture Broad Spectrum Spf 30 PA+++ ~ 0.33 fl oz
    7. OleHenriksen : Truth Serum Collagen Booster~ 0.33 fl oz
    8. Peter Thomas Roth: Cucumber Gel Mask~ 1 fl oz
    9. Philosphy: Raspberry Sorbet Shampoo, Shower Gel, & Bubble Bath~ 4 fl oz
    10. Philosophy: Renewed Hope in a Jar Eye~ 0.1 fl oz
    11. Sephora Favorites: Exclusive Travel Bag~ 0.85 oz (in case you really wanted to know)
Now lets break it down individually!
 Bosica Makeup BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil
Its So Cute!!!
So this little gem here melts away makeup, including waterproof makeup, and impurities that you may acquire on your face throughout the day. This is great due to it being an oil, it removes whatever gunk you may have on your face but it is not as harsh as other cleansers, which in turns leads to having hydrated skin after using it.

This little bottle is sold individually at Sephora for $10, which means so far our $29 bag has a worth of $10.

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream


First Aid Beauty is known for these Repair Creams, and it does not disappoint! It works wonders on your hands the second you rub it into the skin.  The scent itself isn't the best, it smells like what I would expect a repair cream to smell like.. old & doctorish, but it doesn't linger.  With this cool winter season this will become a staple to keep with you!
Now with this Sephora sells this product in the same size (1 oz)  for $6.50 but it comes in a foil packet with a screw on cap, imagine a toothpaste cap. I don't know about you all but I definitely prefer the tube!

So now that brings our $29 bag to a total worth of $16.50.

GlamGlow ThirstyCleanse Dailer Hydrating Cleanser
GLOWonderful

 Let us take a moment to admire the product that is GlamGlow.  First of all GlamGlow is pricey... I look at it at Sephora and my heart aches every time I look at the price [if you don't look when you check out did it really cost that much or happen? I like to think it doesn't]
Looking past the price, this product is a really great it goes from a mud consistency to becoming foam.  This is great to cleanse your skin with and its just a fun product.
This product in the 1 oz size retails for $14.. yes this small tube costs that much by itself.. I feel fancy when I use it due to the price point!

So our bags worth $30.50 now, which means with these 3 products mentioned we have hit even with the $29 price of the bag!

Josie Maran Cosmetics Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter



Josie Maran you are an amazing women! This smells like happiness.  I would lather my entire body head to toes in this.. its that good.  I am a loyal fan of Josie Maran, because everything I have used from her continues to blow my mind.  She makes everything with argan oil, so you know it is going to be hydrating which it is! The scent and feel of this body butter is very luxurious, when I first opened it I think I smelled it for a solid 2 minutes straight.. so good..
Now this little gem here comes in 2 oz and retails for $12.

So our bag now has a retail value of $42.50 !

Kate Somerville SkinCare ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment
Small But Mighty
Not going to lie to you all, I have yet to use this product.  Although I know I am, I love exfoliating products! This product is said to give you a 2 minute facial leaving skin feel in smooth, vibrant, and help in fighting acne and such problems.  You are suppose to leave it on the skin and then wash off, no arm power needed to scrub your face, which seems intriguing to my lazy self.  One thing to keep in mind is this product says specifically not to use on sensitive skin.  
Now this tiny sample is 0.25 oz which if I'm being honest I thought was cute aesthetically but internally I was not satisfied with with such a small tube.. until I found out the price.  At Sephora the smallest size you can purchase  is a 0.5 oz bottle, which retails for $22 making this small tube $11.

This small sample brings our total retail value up to $53.50!

Murad Essential- C Day Moisture Broad Spectrum Spf 30 PA+++
Murad is a brand I appreciate whenever I get samples, because I usually don't step out of my box at times and I never find myself going towards their section in Sephora.  This little guy is a moisturizer that does a good job at protecting its users from the sun as well as helps your skin stay youthful.  I am going to assume that the PA+++ is how powerful he is at keeping your face safe from the suns harmful rays... Don't quote me on that though
This little guy is not sold as a mini only as a full size at Sephora.  He retails for $60 for a 1.7 fl oz, so if we math a little bit that would mean our 0.33 oz would be worth around $11.65.

This would bring our bags retail value to $65.15!

OleHenriksen Truth Serum Collagen Booster
Truth Serum will not cause you to have urges in telling the truth, it will actually help boost collagen production which helps in looking younger, so in truth it actually causes you to lie because your skin will look younger then it actually is.  This product also smells of oranges so that is always a plus if you like you oranges!
Just like Murad OleHenriksen does not make a mini of this so this retails for $48 for a 1 oz bottle, and again using some math our sample comes out to approximately $16!! 

Our Bags retail is now $81.15!

Peter Thomas Roth: Cucumber Gel Mask
This is a staple in my makeup drawer! This little guy here packs a big punch he is extremely hydrating! He is also cooling, so when you put it on it feels very soothing on your skin.  I love to use this if my skin gets irritated after using a harsh mask, this helps to calm my skin down.  Plus it smells lovely and clean!
A full size jar of this retails for $45 for a 5 oz jar. So this little guy would be about $9 if they sold him in a 1 oz container.

Our bags retail is now $90.15!

Philosphy: Raspberry Sorbet Shampoo, Shower Gel, & Bubble Bath
Ok so this one threw me off at first, I read Raspberry Sorbet so I was thinking something with a sweet scent.. almost Bath and Body Works smelling.  This does not smell like that, it has a sweet scent but its also clean.. I am intrigued by this bottle because I can't figure out if I like the scent or not.. but whats interesting about this is that it's multipurpose.  It can be a shampoo, a shower gel, and make bubble baths. I usually gravitate towards these types of products because they are easily justifiable.. which is bad, don't be me and do that when shopping!

This bottle comes as a full size at Sephora for $18 for a 16 oz bottle, making the bottle worth approximately $4.50... the irony is that this bottle has the most product but it worth the least.. awkward..

With this bottle added our bags retail value is now $94.65!

Philosophy: Renewed Hope in a Jar Eye
This is Philosophies eye cream which I am excited to try! It is supposed to reduce circles & puffiness, hydrate, and smooths fine lines.  So I have all of those, so I will be putting this to the test.  Although it is a small amount of product, the space you would use this product is very small so it should go a long way!  
A full size jar which contains 0.5 oz of product retails for $51 [such an odd number], this means that this products retail value is approximately $10.20.. keep in mind this tube is about the size of my pinky.. so this product is pricey and you are actually getting a decent size sample!

With this Product our bags retail value is now at $104.85!

And let us not forget that the bag these products came in costs $4.95..So all together this whole set has a total retail value of $109.80.. that is amazing seeing as the set is only $29.I don't know how Sephora continues to make such amazing sets at such a low cost.. but I am just going to take what I can get and not question it! 

Altogether I think this set is worth the price! I have recently been obsessed with skincare and think that everyone, men & women, could use this set. Always remember that the basic rules to skin care is to cleanse, treat, and moisturize.  With this set you are able to try different products that fall under each of these categories!

Let me know if you all would like a full review on any of the products that were in this post as well as any requests you may have! 

Now what are you still doing reading this, go and get yourself some skin care products!

No comments:

Post a Comment